Dog food recipe that is designed to be simple to make and healthy for your dog.
NOTE: In an effort to simplify the dog food recipe I have incorporated the use of supplements. Without the supplements the dog food recipe would need an additional 10 to 20 ingredients. Unfortunately, our current agricultural practices yield foods with a fraction of the nutrient content of wild counterparts.
That said; this dog food recipe is deficient without the two supplements that are essential to the recipe: Dinovite supplement and LickOchops omega fatty acid supplement. Feeding this recipe without the supplements will result in multiple nutritional deficiency diseases.
Dog supplements needed for this dog food recipe.
- Click here to view Dinovite dog supplement. Feed 1 tablespoon of Dinovite with each cup of dog food.
- Click here to view Lickochops omega fatty acid dog supplement.
- It is important to add these supplements to this dog food recipe. Adding the supplements will prevent it from being nutrient deficient.
Easy Cooked Dog Food Recipe Ingredients:
- 10 lbs. of raw ground beef
- 18 eggs including the shells (the egg shells supply digestible calcium to your dog. Yes, studies have proved that the calcium in egg shell is highly absorbable.)
- 5 cups uncooked white rice (The rice will need to be thoroughly cooked before making this recipe. I believe the five cups will yield approximately 15 cups cooked rice. Use white rice not brown because it is more easily digested by your dog.)
- 1 tube of LickOchops omega fatty acid supplement (This supplies important omega 3 & 6 fatty acids in a 1 to 4 ratio, this is good! It also contains natural source vitamin E.) Click here for this supplement.
- Dinovite dog supplement (This supplies a host of vitamins, minerals, digestive enzymes, zinc and live direct fed microbials. Dinovite also has a nutritious plant component in the “Alfalfa Nutrient Concentrate” that replicates the partially digested plant matter of herbivores. All great stuff!) Click here for this supplement. I use 1 tablespoon of Dinovite per cup of dog food. In the video I show the Dinovite Liquid but now I use the powder because Dinovite has discontinued production of the “Dinovite liquid” in the single serve packets.
Easy Cooked Dog Food Recipe Yield:
Approximately 40 cups of dog food.
This dog food recipe can be halved or doubled to accommodate the size of your dog or for multi-dog households. Do not feed this dog food recipe without the Dinovite and LickOchops dog supplements as it will cause this dog food recipe to be deficient.
Directions for easy cooked dog food recipe:
- In a very large pan add the 10 pounds ground beef.
- Add the cooled cooked white rice.
- Blend 18 eggs in a blender with shells then ad to mix.
- Mix well and completely with your hands until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Make about 6 or seven meat loafs and set on pans.
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Cook meat loafs for about 1 hour or until done.
- To watch the easy cooked dog food recipe video directions click here.
Storing your Easy Cooked Dog Food:
Place 2-3 days worth of the dog food recipe in zip lock bags or plastic freezer containers. Store them in your freezer.
I personally prefer the freezer containers because they are easy to fill, thaw and serve. There is never any mess. I take one out and let it thaw on my counter. Feed my dogs and store the unused portion in my refrigerator. When it’s empty I wash it and it is ready for the next batch. Mix up some more of the easy cooked dog food recipe and I’m ready to go. It works well.
NOTE: Remember you are handling raw meat so use common sense when making this dog food recipe. Use the same precautions you would use when handling raw meat for your family.
Serving Size “Easy Cooked Dog Food Recipe”:
*Special note: These are general guidelines, we are not trying to land a man on Mars. If your dog is losing a little weight and this is not desired, increase the amount you are feeding. If your dog is gaining weight on the serving size then cut back a little. In short, adjust the serving size depending on your dog’s age, weight and activity level.
- 10 lb. dog – 1/2 cup cooked dog food daily + 1/2 tsp Lickochops + 1/2 tbs Dinovite
- 20 lb. dog – 1 cup cooked dog food daily + 1 tsp Lickochops + 1 tbs Dinovite
- 40 lb. dog – 2 cups cooked dog food daily + 2 tsp Lickochops + 2 tbs Dinovite
- 60 lb. dog – 3 cups cooked dog food daily + 3 tsp Lickochops + 3 tbs Dinovite
- 80 lb. dog – 3 1/2–4 cups cooked dog food daily +3 1/2 tsp Lickochops + 3 1/2 tbs Dinovite
*Special Note: If you add the supplements to the whole batch when making the dog food recipe it is not necessary to add them with each serving. Use whichever method you find easier.
Watch the video version of this Dog Food Recipe
Click here to watch the video.
Introducing this new”Easy Cooked Dog Food”:
- Fast your dog for 24 hours before starting this diet. Water should be available to your dog during the fast. This will give time for the old dog food to pass through your dog’s digestive tract. It is important to follow this procedure to limit digestive upset. This is an important step, ignoring this step greatly increases your dog’s chance of having digestive upset.
- Day one and two: Feed a portion 1/2 the size of a normal meal.
- Day three and four: Feed a portion 3/4 the size of a normal meal.
- Day five: Feed a full portion.
- Special Note: The whole process takes 6 days when you include the 24 hour fast. This method will allow your dog’s digestive tract time to adapt to the new food.
Please follow this introductory method, your dog will be fine. Your dog will not starve or hate you. Rapid diet changes can cause vomiting and diarrhea. A horrendous mess all over your house!
***Important Note: Do not mix kibble and the “Easy Cooked Dog Food” together! Doing so will GREATLY increase the chances of digestive upset for your dog!