Raw dog food is easily digested and very nutritious for your dog.
NOTE: In an effort to simplify the recipe I have incorporated the use of supplements. Without the supplements this recipe would need an additional 10 to 20 ingredients. Unfortunately, our current agricultural practices yield foods with a fraction of the nutrient content of wild counterparts.
That said; this dog food recipe is deficient without the two supplements that are essential to the recipe: Dinovite supplement and LickOchops omega fatty acid supplement. Feeding this dog food recipe without the supplements will result in multiple nutritional deficiency diseases.
Purchase the dog supplements needed for this raw dog food recipe.
- Click here to view Dinovite dog supplement. I use 1 tablespoon of Dinovite per cup of dog food.
- Click here to view Lickochops omega fatty acid dog supplement.
Easy Raw Dog Food Ingredients:
- 10 lbs. of raw ground beef
- 18 hardboiled eggs including the shells-cooled (the egg shells supply digestible calcium to your dog. Yes, studies have proved that the calcium in egg shell is highly absorbable.)
- 15 cups of cooked white rice-cooled (This is made from 5 cups of uncooked rice. Use white rice not brown because it is more easily digested by your dog.)
- 1 tube of LickOchops omega fatty acid supplement (This supplies important omega 3 & 6 fatty acids in a 1 to 4 ratio, this is good! It also contains natural source vitamin E.) Click here for this supplement.
- Dinovite daily dog supplement (This supplies a host of vitamins, minerals, digestive enzymes, zinc and live direct fed microbials. Dinovite also has a nutritious plant component in the “Alfalfa Nutrient Concentrate” that replicates the partially digested plant matter of herbivores. All great stuff!) Click here for this supplement. I use 1 tablespoon of Dinovite per cup of dog food or add 2-3 cups of the powdered Dinovite per complete batch. In the video I show the Dinovite Liquid but now I use the powder because Dinovite has discontinued production of the “Dinovite liquid” in the single serve packets.
Raw Dog food Recipe Yield: 48 cups of raw dog food.
This dog food recipe can be halved or doubled to accommodate the size of your dog or for multi-dog households. Do not feed this dog food recipe without Dinovite and LickOchops dog supplements as it will cause the recipe to be deficient.
Raw Dog Food Recipe Directions:
- In a very large bowl, bucket or in your plugged kitchen sink, crush the cooled hard boiled eggs (and shells) into small pieces.
- Add the cooled cooked white rice
- Add 8oz. of LickOchops omega fatty acid Supplement (1tube). Click here for this supplement.
- Add raw ground beef.
- Mix well and completely with your hands or with a large,strong spoon until all the ingredients are thoroughly combined.
Storing your Easy Raw Dog Food:
Place 2-3 days worth of dog food in zip lock bags or plastic freezer containers. Store the containers of dog food in your freezer. You can also make individual patties or meatballs in single daily servings, freeze the raw dog food patties on cookie sheets and remove and store in larger bags/containers once frozen. Thaw the raw dog food as needed.
I personally prefer the freezer containers because they are easy to fill, thaw and serve the raw dog food. There is never any mess. I take one out and let it thaw on my counter. Feed my dogs and store the unused raw dog food in my refrigerator. When it’s empty I wash it and it is ready for the next batch of raw dog food. It works well.
NOTE: Remember you are handling raw meat so use common sense when making , storing and serving this raw dog food. Use the same precautions you would use when handling raw meat for your family.
Serving Size for your “Easy Raw Dog Food”:
*Special note: These are general guidelines, we are not trying to land a man on Mars. If your dog is losing a little weight eating the new dog food and this is not desired, increase the amount you are feeding. If your dog is gaining weight on the serving size then cut back a little. In short, adjust the serving size of new dog food depending on your dogs age, weight and activity level.
- 10 lb. dog – 1/2 cup dog food daily + 1/2 tsp Lickochops + 1/2 tbs Dinovite
- 20 lb. dog – 1 cup dog food daily + 1 tsp Lickochops + 1 tbs Dinovite
- 40 lb. dog – 2 cups dog food daily + 2 tsp Lickochops + 2 tbs Dinovite
- 60 lb. dog – 3 cups dog food daily + 3 tsp Lickochops + 3 tbs Dinovite
- 80 lb. dog – 3 1/2–4 cups raw dog food daily +3 1/2 tsp Lickochops + 3 1/2 tbs Dinovite
*Special Note: If you add the supplements to the whole batch when making the dog food recipe it is not necessary to add them with each serving. Use whichever method you find easier.
Introducing this new “Easy Raw Dog Food”:
- Fast your dog for 24 hours before starting this diet. Water should be available to your dog during the fast. This will give time for the old dog food to pass through your dog’s digestive tract. It is important to follow this procedure to limit digestive upset. This is an important step, ignoring this step greatly increases your dog’s chance of having digestive upset.
- Day one and two: Feed a portion 1/4 the size of a normal meal.
- Day three and four: Feed a portion 1/2 the size of a normal meal.
- Day five and six: Feed a portion 3/4 the size of a normal meal.
- Day seven: Feed a full portion.
- Special Note: The whole process takes 8 days when you include the 24 hour fast. This method will allow your dog’s digestive tract time to adapt to the new dog food.
This method will allow your dog’s digestive tract time to adapt to the new raw dog food. Please follow this introductory method, your dog will be fine. Your dog will not starve or hate you. Rapid diet changes can cause vomiting and diarrhea. A horrendous mess all over your house!
***Important Note: Do not mix kibble and the raw dog food together! Doing so will GREATLY increase the chances of digestive upset for your dog!