All the finished dog food recipes will be stored in the freezer for long storage. I typically take 3-4 days worth out of the freezer at a time and thaw. I store the thawed dog food in the refrigerator.
I have found the absolute best way to store the dog food is in tupperware containers. It makes the whole process a breeze.
Process for Storing Homemade Dog Food
- Assemble enough containers to hold an entire batch
- Choose containers that each hold about 3 day worth of dog food
- Mix the recipe in the sink
- Place mixed dog food into containers
- Place containers in the freezer for long storage
Serving the Easy Homemade Dog food
- Take 1 container out of the refrigerator and let thaw
- Feed dogs their daily portion
- Store the remainder of the unfed thawed dog food in the refrigerator
- When container is empty, wash and it is ready for the next batch